Monday, June 14, 2010

Apple Green Cardi

Cardigan refashion:


Hooked below the breastline.

I've been hoping to stumble across an apple-green cardigan for some time now. Unfortunately, from memory, apple-green is 'so five years ago' and thus nowhere to be found. Luckily for me, I stumbled across an apple-green knit top in my favourite op-shop last week for the sweet price of $6. I decided to refashion into a short-sleeve cardigan. 

You can see a 'before' shot of the top at the end of the post. 
Here's what I did:
1. Cut along the centre front and turned it under on both sides.
2. Unpicked the leaf detail from the centre neckline. The leaves became petals for my flower. I used a button for the centre of the flower.
3. Used ribbon and lace to create a faux pocket and trim the sleeve edges.
4. Sewed on two hook and eyes  - one at the top and one below the breastline.

A close up of the flower detail and lacey-ribbon sleeve trims. The cardigan goes perfectly with the polli earrings my sister sent me for my birthday - so lovely!  


And lastly a full length shot (hooked at the top) accessorised with my birdie sling and 2010 winter footwear - red converses. Love 'em!


BEFORE
- Way too mumsy-


4 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love the colour. I have some knits I want to refashion but my mind keeps coming up blank. I need some of your vision and creativity! (PS Red converses look great also.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardi, you would never have believed what it was in it's former life, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!! I had no idea apple green was out dated! I adore green, just about any kind of green. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great. I love cardigans - and have not thought to do a short sleeved one. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete