After many broken needles, I finally finished my denim skirt. Yay! I'm not sure I can ever really learn to love sewing topstitching into denim. Not fun at all! I made quite a mess of it. This, I think can be put down to 1) incorrect tension 2) incorrect needle 3) poorly experienced seamstress 4) lack of machine knowledge. I think I need to take the time to learn a few things before I attempt another one.
The skirt was made using a red stretch denim bought many years ago from Tessuti. I sewed this skirt using Burda 7651. It does have a few flaws - one of the side pockets doesn't sit flat and I stretched the hemline slightly when sewing it. Ah well. Oh, I still need to do a bit more topstitching, but ran out of thread (for the second time).
Red skirt accessorised with blue denim belt ( a 50 cent op-shop find) and a groovy handbag made by my sister for my birthday. You can check it out in greater detail here.
Photos courtesy of my three year old son.
The back pockets (these bits are my favourites):