Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tessuti Pia #3 in Khaki

Tessuti Pia in Khaki
2014 sewing continued....


Last year some time I made up another version of the Tessuti Pia dress. I used the toile from my first version so you can read about the alterations here. This version is made using a silk/linen blend from Rathdowne Fabrics in Melbourne. The fabric is lovely and I wish I'd bought it in more colourways.


It was a squeeze to get this dress out of the amount of fabric I bought which was originally intended for a skirt. Given this, I had to add a seam down the CF of the skirt.


Something went a little wrong with the neckline at the CB. It feels a little firm at the neckline then pools just below it. I think it was a cutting error...maybe things weren't quite on-grain. I enjoy wearing this dress to work, however, it cuts in a little under the arms. I have every intention of grading them back again and redoing the binding. I've had every intention of doing this now for months and months!

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely, you are so clever.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress pattern and I LOVE that murky khaki color. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this pattern was made for you! This one, like the others, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Coco is absolutely right. The khaki version is wonderful, especially with the splash of red beads.

    ReplyDelete