Tessuti Pia Dress
Pattern: Tessuti Pia Dress
Fabric: 100% silk by Karen Walker
from The Fabric Store (many many moons ago!)
close-up of fabric
- Fully lined in bemberg rayon rather than binding neckline/armholes with bias binding. The outer fabric is a tad sheer against the light and a tad scratchy.
- Added bust darts to create more shape.
- Re-drafted armholes and neckline. The original design did nothing for my broad shoulders.
- Slightly shaped at waist.
- Centre-back at neckline pinched in to accommodate square shoulders.
- Shortened by heaps and heaps!
I love it because:
- it has awesome floppy pockets.
- it's a fancy sack making it soooooooo comfy.