Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tessuti Pia Dress

Tessuti Pia Dress

Pattern: Tessuti Pia Dress
Fabric: 100% silk by Karen Walker
from The Fabric Store (many many moons ago!)




 close-up of fabric

Alterations:
- Fully lined in bemberg rayon rather than binding neckline/armholes with bias binding. The outer fabric is a tad sheer against the light and a tad scratchy.
- Added bust darts to create more shape.
- Re-drafted armholes and neckline. The original design did nothing for my broad shoulders.
- Slightly shaped at waist.
- Centre-back at neckline pinched in to accommodate square shoulders.
- Shortened by heaps and heaps!

I love it because:
- it has awesome floppy pockets.
- it's a fancy sack making it soooooooo comfy.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fantastic! Very fancy sack. I've just made a Pia too, but I love your armhole/neckline alteration (and how much you've shortened it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress and fabulous pockets. I purchased this pattern a few days ago as well, your version is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! I really like your alterations. I'm thinking of making this soon but will probably wait until next summer now. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and great choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version. It is very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Fancy sack' - love it :) And love your alterations. And yes those pockets look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your modifications to the Pia Dress! It looks great.
    regards
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you new dress. It looks so soft and drapey.

    ReplyDelete