Friday, June 22, 2012

Camera Bag




Sewing a groovy camera bag has been on my to-do list for what seems like an eternity. For years now, I've been using a very tacky looking shiny gold zippered make-up bag that came free when I purchased  some Revlon make-up. The gold bag has definitely been functional, but has done nothing for my image!

Anyway, with a bunch of planned holidays in the pipeline, it was time to step things up a notch and tone things down. I made the bag from bits and pieces on hand such as scraps from other projects and woven ribbon saved from gifts. In fact, the internal batting also matches even though you can't see it. I didn't have any batting, so used leftover scraps of my woolen winter coat. This worked a treat! 

Stuffed with red socks for the photo

I used one of the clippy things you find on backpacks as the closure. I attached this underneath due to the length of the clip plus the ribbon.


Overall, I'm pretty darn happy with my new camera bag. I must confess that the workmanship is a tad shoddy, but I'm happy to overlook that...it's not a wearable garment afterall.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are walking away from that gold bag that has served you so well over the years...

    Your new one looks good and matches your cowl tee so nicely. The design looks as though it would lend itself to being attached to a belt...just thinking this because I seem to have too many straps about me when I take my camera out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bag. My poor camera rattles around in my unfashionable handbag, where it collides frequently with keys etc.
    It seems to me that the clip would be better than velcro,which I find rather unreliable under any sort of stress - particularly if you are asking it to hold in/up anything breakable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very groovy, I love that stripe-y fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very productive and very successful recently - and so co-ordinated - it must be so fun being able to be matchy matchy with your camera case. There's lots of home sewn kudos in that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete