Ottobre - Skirt with Flounces
Spring 1/2007 # 15
Over the weekend I used up the leftover denim from my skirt to make a skirt for Meg. It was a real struggle to squeeze this skirt out of the scraps, but I think I pulled it off. Even though the pattern calls for two pockets, I only had enough fabric for one. Also, I could only fit two flounces in the denim (even though the pattern calls for three) and these both had to have a CB seam.
The contrasting floral print is a Japanese cotton lawn from Spotlight.
I used fuchsia topstitching cotton for the pocket and piped the pocket flap.
There's not much else to say about this skirt really. I think the photos speak for themselves.
- Side view -
- Back view of flounces -
(I've temporarily used white cotton tape where a matching ribbon should be until I can justify a trip to the fabric store.)