Thursday, May 5, 2011

:: pins & needles - A bit of this and a bit of that

In between steps along my great, but very, very slow, coat journey, I've been doing some mindless 'therapeutic' sewing. Ya' know, just a bit of this and a bit of that. Stuff that's easy and doesn't require thought or precision - 'whip it up' stuff.

Like:



 A cute little Penelope dolly for my friend's daughter who's turing 1 this week. I used this pattern and upcycled it from a skirt that Meg has outgrown. So cute!


(Just in case you were wondering...I don't actually store my lego on palm trees)


A new lego storage bag/playmat made for our exciting new collection of Fabuland by Lego. These were my husband's when he was a wee lad. Much to his delight and the delight of my three children, his parents posted them to him a few weeks ago. They (all 4)  haven't stopped playing with them since. I love these bags. It's the second one I've made. Really, I could do with another 6. This bag was a bargain because I picked up the blue fabric for 50c at an op-shop. 

Fabuland, fabulous!


And lastly, a new library bag for Monty made from the leftovers of the Fabuland bag.


IN COAT NEWS

My coat is finally happening. After all attempts to fit myself failed, I sort some professional help and found a wonderful lady in my local area who helped me fit my muslin. Last night, I cut out and sewed my lining. Yay! Things are really happening folks!

More crafty stuff here.

5 comments:

  1. That doesn't look like whip it up sewing to me...all looks like hard work, especially that very cute doll. Looks like T will have a hard time handing it over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rag doll and would have treasured the lego mat when my girls were babies. Glad your coat is underway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, did you take note of the changes the professional fitter suggested, to see how they correlated with the ones you had already made? That would be interesting, to compare...
    The doll is quite adorable, and as Katherine says, looks like a lot of work! But so cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that doll is adorable. I'm completely intrigued by the lego bag, too. A bag like that looks really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! The doll is so sweet - I bet the little girl loved it.

    Thanks for the Emma One Sock suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete