Sunday, March 6, 2011

::pins & needles - Boardies for the Boys

Burda 9793
 

 - I'm not 100% sure why Toby has chosen to pose like a chicken -

- back view -

It's a miracle really that the boys are even wearing these shorts. I bought this boardie material back in 2009 with the plan to make them each a pair of shorts for the Christmas holidays. Christmas 2009 went by and no shorts. Next, I decided to make them up in time for our holiday to the Sunshine Coast, December 2010. I even cut them out and started to sew them up. However, the holiday came, the holiday went and no shorts.

This weekend, however, I made a little promise to myself to finish off my UFOs and mending before embarking on the new sewing plans swirling around in my head. Also, I would have felt too guilty if they'd grown out of them before I ever finished sewing them.

Ta da! All ready for the Easter holidays with weeks and weeks to spare! So clever and on top of things!

I must add that I love this pattern. I've made it up a few times now and am really quite smitten with it. Although you can't see in the photo, it has a false fly (that may not be the technical term) which makes them appear a bit dressy while keeping them  super comfy and easy to go to the loo in - no buttons, clips or zippers!

6 comments:

  1. Oh these boardies are AWESOME, but your kids are even better. Just look at those gorgeous little guys. I wanna give them a cuddle. :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool boardies. The contrast band and back pocket make these extra smart. I have the worst trouble finding boardie fabric. Yours look great. Are these nylon supplex?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kbenco,

    I have absolutely no idea if this is nylon supplex. I don't actually know what nylon supplex is. I'm not much help. What I can tell you though is I bought it at Spotlight. They had some awesome shark fabric last year but I wouldn't allow myself to buy it because I had these UFOs haunting me. I now wish I did. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boardies are awesome and I'm jealous that it's still warm enough for the boys to need them.
    And good on you for finishing off the UFOs. I'm on a bit of a UFO kick at the moment - finish one UFO and then I cut one new project. I may or may not be able to keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous and it is wonderful you could still get the bigger sizes out of the fabric you originally bought!
    I was also going to ask where did you get boardie fabric, but I read the above comment about Spotlight, thank you! Now I have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete