Anyway, now that I've escaped the rain and floods of the SE and arrived home safely to my usual dose of tropical rain and localised flooding, I can start thinking about my sewing plans for 2011. Dresses! Dresses! Dresses! That's my plan!
1. I used bias binding on the armholes rather than making a facing.
2. I used french seams on the sideseams due to the lightness of the fabric.
1. I need to cut the armholes in at the back. They're too wide and therefore make my already wide shoulders look even wider. This makes for a very unflattering backview, me thinks.
2. I'm still getting a lot of slack pooling around the CB at the neckline. This seems to be a problem that occurs with every top/dress I make. I must find out how to alleviate this problem. Suggestions welcome.
The flower was made using a mixture of green silk chiffon, silk dupion and poplin.
Ok, must dash. My oldest child started prep today so I must be on time to pick her up. I can't believe she is already in school.
For more cool creativity head over to Kootooyou.