Sunday, October 17, 2010

:: pins & needles - PJs for Meg

Simplicity 5706

This weekend I sewed up some pyjamas for Meg. They're made out of a cotton voile from Spotlight picked out by her. I made the top and capri pants (shortened) from Simplicity 5706. After I cut them out I noticed it said 'not suitable for sleepwear' on the back of the envelope. That made me a little nervous - were they were going to be too slim fitting? As it turned out, all was fine. The top is a tad short, so I must remember to lengthen it next time.

In preparation for the PJs I'm sewing for myself, I added an elasticised detail to the outer leg. I'm not sure on the right way to create this extra feature, so I guessed. I sewed a strip of bias binding on the inside and threaded elastic through it until it looked about right. I sewed through the binding across the elastic and then chopped the excess off. This seems to have achieved the effect I was after. Lastly, I added a few pink ribbons (again, picked out by Meg) for a touch of girliness.


  1. They're wonderful. Spotlight has some great fabric. Very well done!

    My local Spotlight is always a mess.

  2. Love the fierce face! Cute jammies - I think the leg detail makes them really girly and special.