Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Breaking the drought!
It's been a while since I've blogged. Energy levels have been running a bit low and therefore I've lost a bit of my blogging/creating mojo. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been sitting around doing nothing. I just haven't really finished anything....maybe tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe the day after that...we'll see.
Anyway, I have been tagged by Sophie of her heart my hands for a little meme. I never done one of these before so we'll see how things go. Seems like a good way to break my blogging drought nonetheless.
10 things that make me happy in no particular order:
1. Spending Tuesday nights with the Sardine Limousine Art Group - a little art club I formed earlier this year. Three hours of painting, drawing, listening to cool music and chatting with creative people. Very cool!
2. Spotting any one of my three kids doing something funny (intentional or otherwise).
3. The warm, fuzzy feeling (and energy) I get when I am making & creating.
4. Swimming - at the beach, in waterfalls & rockpools, in the backyard pool (especially at night time when the kids are in bed).
5. Sharing bubbly, mojitos and a bucketload of laughs with my girly friends.
6. Chatting to my sisters on the phone.
7. Op - shopping. Looking for treasures, finding treasures. Awesome accessories and fabulous tops are my most favourite finds. (Do you see my new Spanish leather wedges up there - $5 of pure awesomeness! How about that colour!!!)
8. The excitement and anticipation leading up to big celebrations - birthdays, Christmas, Easter. Thinking up gifts, creating decorations and planning food.
9. Bushwalking - following a winding, narrow path through a forest always gives me a wonderful feeling that cannot be described.
10. Weekend outings with my family - visiting the fresh food markets, scooting along the Esplanade, drinking nice coffee.
11. I've had to sneak in one more - teaching kids something. That moment when a child learns something that they'll keep forever is priceless. (It's even better when you see them discover something for themselves!)