Sunday, November 1, 2009

Upcycled Roxy

I really do get a buzz out of upcycling garments. It means I get to experience the thrill of creating a whole new piece of clothing, or outfit as in this case, without having to do all the fiddling stuff like facings, casings and sometimes even hems. Maximum gain for minimum time and effort - that's my kinda project!

Last night a friend gave me a women's size 12 tunic by Roxy. It was brand new, still with labels, yet had a faulty zip. Feeling confident I could easily fix a dodgy zip, I jumped at the opportunity. So I brought it home, tried it on and hmmm, let's just say the style really didn't do me any favours, simple as that!

So I took to it with my scissors and this is what I came up with. So cute!


And as for that zipper - well it ended up in the bin where it belonged!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very cute. Up-cycling takes such creativity...something I am not so good at. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete