Sunday, July 26, 2009

My First Outfit!






One of the problems with my wardrobe is that it tends to be made up of a bunch of individual items that I really like, that unfortunately, don't actually match each other. I decided it was time to start thinking in terms of 'outfits' rather than individual pieces. So this weekend I made my first 'outfit'.

I sewed this a-line skirt from some bits and pieces I had in my fabric basket. The flowery pattern is left over from a beach dress my sister sewed me last Christmas. The red corduroy, is not exactly a leftover - rather it's waiting for me to sew it into a bunch of Advent Calendars for Christmas. (I may have to restock).

I paper-stenciled the shirt in red and purple to match the skirt. Once again, I 'borrowed' the design from here - another groovy wall decal.

I'm really happy with how the outfit came together - simple, yet groovy in a mother-in-her-30s kind of way! All I need to do is slip on my red leather thongs and my funky, oversized, red ring and I'm ready to step out of the house! (Oh, and maybe some concealer to hide the bags under my eyes).


1 comment:

  1. Very funky skirt! Also looks like you've lost a lot of weight. Maybe you've caught the sewing bug.

    ReplyDelete