Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pencil Rolls


A gift from my sister





For my birthday this year my sister sewed me this pencil roll.
It featured my most favourite colour (appley-limey green) and gorgeously textured fabrics topped off with a beautiful button. I love it! It got me thinking about pencil rolls a lot! (Too much, some may say.) So, I made one for my daughter straightaway.

Then, a few weeks ago a boy in my neighbourhood turned five. Resisting the urge to buy him yet another car/truck/train/loader/digger I decided to make a pencil roll especially for him. I went to my local quilting store and bought a fabric covered in brightly coloured motorbikes and whipped one up.

I gave it to him filled with watercolour pencils and a small visual arts diary. It may not have been as cool as his Ben Ten cake, but here's hoping it encourages the artist in him for years to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment