Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Dick and Jane Collection



As you can see, I still have the freezer-paper stenciling bug. The latest creation is my Dick and Jane Collection. I called it this because the images remind me of the illustrations in the learn-to-read books I had in primary school school which were all about the adventures of two children named Dick and Jane. 

I made these shirts with my Doodlebugs group - a small group of three year olds that I do a little art activity with each week. I pre-prepared the stencils so they only had to paint them. I think the kids all did a great job. I'm really quite happy with this little collection. If I had to change something though, I'd probably change the 'girl with balloons' image - it's just a little bit hard to make out.

Many a day was spent reading all about the adventures of Dick and Jane when I was 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment